Friday 17 April 2009

B+S Joint!

Hey everyone, just a quick post to tell you what I've been up to today.

Well I had all the stuff I need to make a ball and socket armature, except threaded balls. Today I was looking through my room and unexpectantly found a necklace with lots of gold balls on it. Naturally, I seperated the balls, took two of them and made a ball and socket joint.


I was really pleased with this, it's the first time I've ever done this (except playing around abit with those helping hand things) but it just goes to show, if it took me all day to make one joint, and there are (?) number of joints in the body...

Marnik :)

8 comments:

ratrp said...

trp

ratrp said...

sorry about the last comment. accident you see.
love the baron character. just superb.
do you think you could post a few more pages of the book when you've finished the animation.
what fps are you using.

Fish said...

Of course! Next time I have some time, I'll scan some pages from it. Mostly using 15fps at the moment, but might switch to 24fps for the film.

Thanks,
Marnik

ratrp said...

brilliant. what is 15fps like. i haven't tried it yet.
by the way i saw your morph entry. it's very good. very smooth and morph looks like the real one. were you using 15fps on that as well

Fish said...

Thanks, If I remember correctly I used 15fps on most of it but 20fps (don't try that) for a few seconds (one shot).

Marnik

ratrp said...

isn't 20 good
we're all waiting for more news. hint hint another post

Fish said...

hehe, i'll post tonight if you so URGE!

20 is right in the middle and too awkwared, just go with 15/24 for normalness!

ratrp said...

thanks
your morph is definatly smooth enough so i'll take your word