Sunday 8 March 2009

Sets, trees and sleigh!

Today I started on the rest of the church set - this is once all the snow has melted so it will all be green and grassy. I started by getting the shape I wanted with chicken wire.
Photobucket
Then I covered it in kitchen paper and plaster. This will give it a really nice texture.
Photobucket
And here is it painted - I just used very watered down acryllic. It looks really good but this picture doesn't really look great, I took it when the light was bad.
Photobucket
I'm now gluing little sections with woodland scenics grass!
Next, I started making the army of dead trees I need! They start out as wire:
Photobucket
Wrapped in masking tape,
Photobucket
And will eventually be painted. Here are just a few.
Photobucket
And heres the finished sleigh :D
Photobucket

Thanks!

Marnik

3 comments:

starscream said...

weee...

go for it...

i want to see a walkCycle from the horse/sleight

Fish said...

Thanks - that may be a while, I havn't animated for quite a while now so it's gunna take a long long time before I can animate a horse walking! For as many scenes as i can I will cut off the bottom of the horse (not litterelly!) to make it easier to animate.

Marnik

jriggity said...

More great progress here.

jriggity