Saturday 20 September 2008

More on the bar set

Hey guys, since I last posted, I have done alot of stuff on the bar set...
Photobucket
Here are the finished bottles with finished labels (made by me on Photoplus) and tin foil wrapped around the top of EVERY ONE!. There are lots - and believe me, they took a LOOONNNGGG time to complete!
Photobucket
Photobucket
As you can see, I had to take out a couple of shelves to fit the wine bottles in, but I think it looks good like that. At this point I stuck on a load of mini beer-mats to the back.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then I made these beer-pully-things out of fimo (like all the bottles), and hot-glued them to the bar. I can tell this set's going to be good!!!

Now, do you remember the outdoor set I made a few weeks ago? Well like I said at that point, me and SJ Movies are going to do a joint production of a short cartoony stop motion. It's almost ready to start shooting, but today, we are just going to do some tests, and see how he (Sam - producer/director) likes the set and puppets. I am going to try and make a video blog at some point with him, to put on youtube and show what we've been up to!

Fish

3 comments:

FleaCircusDirector said...

Love the pumps, the bar and bottles but the fact that the shelve edges are corrigated card is a little disappointing. Perhaps edge them with string, tape or grommet strip e.g. Gromet Strip on ebay, sorry could not find a supplier for small amounts but this should give you an idea of what I mean.

Fish said...

Hi Fleacircus, thanks for looking! I have covered up the edges with hot glue, and painted them, but had not when I took the pictures. It was the only solution I could think of on the spot, but next time will use something more clever like this 'Gromet Strip'

FleaCircusDirector said...

Hotglue and paint sounds pretty clever to me, I look forward to seeing the end results.